Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Still Ruffling


One ruffle down, one to go.

I didn't mention in my last post, that there are actually TWO ruffles at the bottom of this shawl. I was in denial. I can't believe that the last five inches of anything could take me more than a week to finish!

I had hoped to wear this Sunday to church. Not finished. Then the goal became Tuesday (today) to the zoo. After all, if you're going to run around like a crazy woman muttering "1,400 stitches!" to anyone in the vicinity, where better to do that then to the zoo animals. They won't talk about me behind my back when I'm gone. But its still not finished.

The thing is, though, I don't care. I'm such a "finished product" person, that I'm usually impatient with the process. With this one, I love the yarn, I'm immersed in the knitting, I really don't care that it's not done, no matter how much I want to wear it. I love, love, love knitting it. Love the Silky Wool. Love the color. Love the ruffle. So pretty!!! Love it!

I really intended to write an intelligent commentary here, but I see that the shawl has reduced me to first grade story homework. See the ruffle. So pretty. Love the purple. Yum. The end.

Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Genuine Lustre said...

Emily - somehow stumbled onto your blog via the knitting grapevine. It's very funny! I love the little purple cardy you wore to see the Yarn Harlot. And your house looks great in white!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Genuine Lustre said...

Emily - somehow stumbled onto your blog via the knitting grapevine. It's very funny! I love the little purple cardy you wore to see the Yarn Harlot. And your house looks great in white!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

You write funny.

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home