Thursday, October 27, 2005

Whoops!

All day today, I've been thinking it was Wednesday, and I had plenty of time before my Survivor Contest reminder! Thanks to Lauren and Jan for the reminders!!!

So, I guess, I'll say Judd to get voted off, and I'll be knitting on my Willow, or pehaps that new thing I just cast on (bad Em!) But more about that later.

And, believe it or not, I have something for you, even though I already posted today, because my friend Beth came over to take pictures for me (shout out and a big thank you to Beth!).

Here's my finished Rebecca sweater; I wore it today for the first time. I knit it mostly over the summer, and it went so fast I hardly blogged about it at all. But when I finished it the neck was too tall, and I didn't like it (the whole sweater). I took it to a knitting group the other night, prepared to steek it into a cardigan, when someone said "if you just rip an inch or so off the neck, it will be cute" and everyone agreed. Alrighty then, how easy was that?!

I was a little self conscious in it, being big and white and bulky and all, but I actually got 2 compliments in the 30 minutes I was out in public. So here goes:




Details: Free pattern online from Rebecca magazine found here.
GGH Goa 16 balls (the pattern called for 17) and I did make it a little longer.
Overall a very cute and easy lace pattern, although I think I did encounter an error or two along the way, if you are knitting this, check to see if the numbers add up before hand, or e-mail me and I'll look back at my notes.
Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi- Okay you all know I won't be watching. I will be taking down the book fair at my sons school. I will however Knit when I get home and I will be doing another of those niffty sunset squares for an throw. They are the squares Lydia was knitting on Sunday now I am doing it with the gob of Noro #40 I have!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Love the sweater.

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sticking with Lydia again but I think you could be right Emily.
Love the sweater. I'm working on cute pink UGG booties - finished the socks from Sunday.

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sweater's a winner! (Love the neck, too!)

7:52 PM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

O Em, I hope you scroll down far enough to see my comment amongst all the spammers. I love love love this sweater and now must cast on one for myself. too FAbu!!! thanks for the link. I will download asap.
Love Mel

6:53 AM  
Blogger knittingnurse said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL sweater. You look great in it as well. Be proud and wear it often!

I just downloaded the pattern. Do I smell a new knit-along??????

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home