Saturday, March 25, 2006

Bon Voyage

It started out innocently. I just really wanted a new spring-y tote bag for my knitting projects. I was tired of carrying around the same ole dark, wintery, dirty, (diaper bag) knitting totes.

Sorry for the dark photo, it doesn't do justice to the beautiful Kaffe Fasset fabric.

It even has a zipper! Oooh, aaaah.

Within a half hour of owning my beautiful new tote bag, somebody tried to steal it. Good thing I love her.


So, I promised to make another one. Just for her.


What a can of worms that opened up! It's been tote bag city. At least my youngest knows what to put in hers:


I doled them out today, in time for the Spring Break pack fest. I tried to get a photo shoot with all three, but one of the models couldn't be bothered to show up. He was too busy coloring.

Darn those unreliable models.

So tonight I'm concentrating on the most important aspect of the trip, the knitting. I have three bags packed, and still I'm a little panicky that I don't have enough.


On the left, in the hard bin (the bury-in-the-back bin, for just in case) we have Remembering Honey, with extra yarn, and also that black thing in the corner is the black Debbie Bliss raglan I started in January. In the middle, three socks started, plus two extra balls. On the right in the tote is yarn for the daisy dress. On the floor are the directions to St. Theresa's Textile Trove in Cincinnati, in case my Jedi mind tricks work, and the van decides to take a quick detour.

Do I have enough? Will there be emergency yarn shops along the way? Hope you all have a great week and I'll see you when we get back.

xoxoxoxoxo

8 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Awww, they're so cute! And the totes are gorgeous. Have a great trip :)

10:15 PM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

I want to squeeze everyone and everything in this blog. You are too cute. Love the Jedi mind trick. Don't forget,Take that laptop!!

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily, Emily, Emily- If I didn't love you so much I would hate you! The bags are GREAT! Have a wonderful trip. I am off in the am with 2 boys ALONE and have no new spring bag!
I'm taking my laptop so you better take yours! xoC

4:36 PM  
Blogger FunkyC said...

Hey! You finished the dino-bag! They are all fabulous.

(You do not want to sell me deathsticks. You want to go home and rethink your life. You want to make bags for all your faithful blog commenters.)

8:44 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Love your tote bags!!!! And, your children are too cute!!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Anna Lear said...

Those bags are fabulous, almost as cute as your kids!!! Did you use a prequilted fabric or did you do all the layering and quilting yourself? I NEED to make one (or two, or five) of those bags!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Anne Lullie said...

Hey Emily; Love the bags; and all your recent finished UFO's. Wow.The little dress and sweater a re adorable! I am impressed not only with your knitting prowess, but also with your "ripping out" abilities!
Hope you had a nice weekend! Anne

1:21 PM  
Blogger ~~ Melissa said...

The totes are lovely! No wonder those sweet little bandits are stealing them!

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home