Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Done
















Remembering Honey
Interweave Knits, Spring 2003
Designed by Leigh Radford
Cotton Ease Strawberries and Cream, about 5 skeins.
Knit at 19 st. to make a slightly smaller size than the size large, and decrease the amount of "growing" of the cotton.

Comments: This was a fun sweater to knit. Just the right balance of stockinette plus something more interesting. There are 3 different lace stitches and none of them were hard, but I found the "bead stitch" (the one on the outside of the yoke) required a lot of concentration. The "purse stitch" (the larger, inner portion of the yoke and the hem) was super easy but seemed to take a long time.

In the end, I'm not 100% thrilled with a v-neck sweater. It's not my favorite sweater ever, but it fills a gap in my wardrobe for a dressier sweater than I ususally make. I've already worn it and got a lot of compliments.

And I love the lace edging on the sleeves!

10 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

It looks great. I really like the v-neck, especially with the lace yoke.

10:47 PM  
Blogger lisette said...

that's so pretty - the colour really suits you and it has made me revise my thoughts about v necks (ie i don't usually like them)

well done!

1:16 AM  
Blogger Jo Griffith said...

How beautiful! And you look fab in it!

7:47 AM  
Blogger Diane Doran said...

It's lovely! And it looks like it fits great.

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is S*U*P*E*R sweet! Love it and if the 'V' bothers you just put a little pin or brooch there...lol......

Ehhhhhmmmmehm, are you secretly losing weight? You look so much slimmer.......this is coming from a 'big' woman ok!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

It's lovely! I'm glad you took out the little "tucks" in the sleeves, I like it better this way.
And it's good to have a "nice" sweater to pull out once in a while, even if it's not your fave. Nice job!

11:14 AM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Very very nice!
Now excuse me while I rush off to make one for me. ;-)

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the V neckline looks very nice on you. It's a great color too!

- MJ

4:32 PM  
Blogger Anna Lear said...

oooh, it's beautiful, and I love the details! you look great in it... it would look great in a child's size, too....

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you get this and can help me. I'm trying to help a friend finish this sweater and am lost at how to finish the neck. Any more help you can provide than what I can't figure out in the pattern?

Anna aviadero@yahoo.com

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home