Monday, May 22, 2006

Hello, Tetanus Shot.

Here's the shot. Cool silver band-aid marks the spot.
















Here's the reason.















Only it must have been positioned upside down like this:













cause that's how it drove it's devilish little spikey self into the bottom of my foot, as I bounded across the floor between sewing machine and iron.

Ye-ow. And since I can't even remember when/if I ever had my last tetanus shot, I got to spend the morning in the Dr.'s office, waiting for yet another little poke.

Well, it's been quite a while since my last sewing-related injury, so I guess I was due.

And here are the results of my happy evening sewing/soaking in hydrogen peroxide.






















































Mini-Totes. About 8" high.

Somebody stop me.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you poor thing! My mom had a super fine Italian dressmakers pin break off inside her foot- so I guess you got off easy!
Plus NO we will not stop you - you must NOT be stopped!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Ouch.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

O my little honey! I must say that there is sewing in the air these days. Even little Laura made a jacket from her new fabric line, AND it was so cute that I may be forced to buy the pattern (See and Sew 3886) and make one of my own. And a tote to match!
Look for an impromptu visit from Dave and me in the near future. This is a warning.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Owie, my daughter did the same thing recently. the sewing gene has now passed on to her, and I figure the needle in the toe was like a right of passage.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Laura Wasilowski said...

Dear Ms. Emily,
Yeowww! That's gotta hurt! My stubby little foot throbs in sympathy.

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do NOT stop...I repeat DO NOT. Those bags are great.

BTW, if you don't remember when you got the last Tetramune, it's good that you did but, for future reference, you cannot get tetanus from something that has not been in tetanus infected dirt. I sincerely doubt you have any in your house. Now, if you stepped on somthing sharp in a horse pasture (horses are one carrier of tetanus) THEN you need to worry. Because I live on a farm and dig in the dirt (and always have open hangnails, etc) I make sure we are all up to date.

teri...with your mini medical fact of the day.....

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home