Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Reunited and it Feels So Good!

Yes, my friends, it was the Owl!



















Believe me, we all sleep easier now that Owl is back in the fold. We had been missing Owl for some time, and I kept hoping for him to turn up in some crevice of the sofa/car/etc. You can imagine the whoohoo I did when I casually clicked on the "lost and found" link, just out of curiosity, and saw our beloved.

I find it amusing that at least 2 of the three people who guessed Owl, are moms of tots. As FemiKnitMafia said: "I'm going with the owl. It's easy for a stuffed friend to fall from a stroller, and harder for knitting to leap from the bag." Good reasoning.

And the winner is:



















In case you can't read that, it's:














Miss Yarn and Chocolate, if you would e-mail me: emily at emilyquilts dot com with your snail mail address I will send you your prize!

Thank you to all of you who left comments! In case you couldn't tell, I was really taken with the whole lost and found photo. I swear, they could open up a sunglasses store next door. And the whole project! How could you leave that behind? Really?!

Meanwhile, on the knitting front:

We have side-seam seaming.



















Raglan seaming.















Neckband knitting.
















This has potential to be my favorite sweater ever. Stay tuned.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as I'm concerned, it was worth setting up the whole shop blog *just* so the Owl could come back home. :) All the rest is icing.

I've had toddlers myself. As well as beloved toys...mine AND theirs. Give the owl a kiss for us, ok?

(oh, and by the way, the sweater looks BEAUTIFUL!)

12:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

the sweater looks so gorgeous, i want to see it in person. You must bring it to the birthday gathering whenever that will be. I have been inspired to attempt cables by you. I am happy to find that they are no where as complicated as they look. but I can not imagine tackling a whole sweater filled with them. your amazing!

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home