Monday, June 05, 2006

The Adventures of the Trekkings

A few of my local knit-buds, Carla, Jodee and Lydia, convinced me to join in Margene's summer knit-along Trek With Me. I have been dubbed the official spokesperson, since I am the only blogger. Jodee is the organizer, Carla--the enabler, and Lydia, the finder of all rare and exquisite Trekking colorways.

Under the guidance of Jodee, we met in the park this weekend to officially cast on. We admired each other's Trekkings. We examined the various props-I mean-equipment. Sun hat, walking stick, etc. Then, being moms, we did what all moms do before a big trek. Make sure everyone has had a potty break.















There are all our little Trekkings, lined up and ready.










The colors are, (girls you may have to correct me on this, I hope I get it right) from top to bottom:109 blues, 108 denim blues plus multicolor, 105 reds, 71 dark blues, 135 bright pastels, 133 pastel pinks, 69 browns, 107 green/red/khaki multi, ? number oranges, and ? number navy with multicolor.

You may notice that there are 10 skeins and only 4 of us. Some of us are ambitious. Not naming any names at this point.








Here we are casting on. From left to right: Jodee, me, Lydia, and Carla.






Let the summer of sock knitting begin!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Cute! I can't wait to see what becomes of the little darlings. Hope you had a nice trek!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Hooray for Trekking!

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home