Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Lots O Socks

Since school is out, most afternoons I'm outside with the kids. While they're running through the sprinkler, I'm either puttering around pulling weeds or--gee--guess what.

I've made a tiny progress on the red linen tank. A few people asked which issue the pattern is from. It's Interweave Knits Spring '03 (same issue as my Remembering Honey sweater-talk about getting your money's worth!)














But mostly, I've given into the wave of summer sock knitting. What's not to love, mindless, portable, and not big and hot.

I've advanced about an inch on my Trekking sock since Saturday:















Finished this sock I cast on Saturday, from my own hand dyed sock yarn, Red, royal blue, cream, pale yellow, denim blue and teal--it's pure summer in a skein.














Almost finished with this sock from more of my hand-dyed--mostly denim blue with some shots of black, grey, and grey-purple:














Cast on this sock from more hand dyed (pale periwinkle with aqua):














Cast on another sock from deep blue hand dyed, shot through with purple:














And, in spite of a page long list of future sweater projects, I was so enamored with the periwinkle sock yarn that I cast on a lace shawl. This is night-time-no-kids knitting, for sure. I've already tried it, and it doesn't make the cut for outdoor-watching-3-kids-with-water knitting. But with all those sock going on, I just had a need for "thinking knitting". It's the Flower Basket shawl from IK, Fall 04.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I thought I had a lot of socks going. They are all beautiful, especially your hand-dyed skeins. Lovely June Blues!

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see...five socks? That's nearly a week's worth of happy feet! Gorgeous colors, Emily. Makes me want to take up dying! I'm curious what yarn you use for your dying...it takes the color beautifully.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Your hand-dyed yarn is absolutely beautiful -- I love the blues!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

mnMy own blue sock yarn came in the mail yesterday. It's beautiful! Thank you so much.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home