Thursday, June 15, 2006

Sophie's Toes Sock Yarn

Welcome to my Big Announcement!

You know, when somebody blogs "I have a big announcement" it means one of two things. They're pregnant. Or, they're selling their yarn on the internet.

Well, I've had three c-sections and I believe I am done in that department. But, in a way, this is sort of my "baby". Please welcome:

Sophie's Toes Sock Yarn.

This is something I've wanted to do for about a year now, dye yarn and offer it up for sale. It just wasn't in the cards for me last year with the schedule I had with the kids. But I've been researching the best sock yarns and dyeing a lot of yarn for myself (hee hee-you may have noticed.)

I've dyed fabric for over ten years for my quilts using professional Procion MX dyes. I love to dye bright, saturated colors. It was only natural that I use that experience to get exactly what I wanted in yarn--only using professional acid dyes.

I intend to offer three weights of sock yarn--light, medium and heavy. What you see below is all dyed in the medium weight--I could only buy so much yarn for the first batch, so I chose my favorite. You will love it, it is extrememly high quality, 100% merino wool, superwash, with a nice twist and a beautiful sheen.

All skeins are $23.00 for 110 gms/350 yds: enough for one pair of socks. Shipping is $4.05 USPS priority mail for up to three skeins. Insurance is optional, at your request. I welcome international orders, but I haven't checked into shipping rates/methods, so bear with me and give me time to do that.

I accept checks or paypal--paypal is preferred and will get your yarn shipped out right away. Checks I will wait to receive before I mail the yarn.

If you want to purchase, e-mail me:

emily (at) emilyquilts (dot) com

Please be as specific as possible about the color name and amount, so I can back to you quickly. I intend to move all this over to an etsy shop in the next couple of weeks, so as not to clog up the blog with all this yarn. (There are so many pictures that it is taking me three posts to load them all, be sure to check out all three posts below!)

Here's the yarn--thanks for looking!
















Color: Iris Garden
100% Merino Wool--Superwash
100 gms/350 yards, makes a pair of socks
$23.00
-Sold Out-















Color: Glade
100% Merino Wool--Superwash
100 gms/350 yards, makes a pair of socks
$23.00
-Sold Out-
















Color: Summer Salad
100% Merino Wool--Superwash
100 gms/350 yards, makes a pair of socks
$23.00
-Sold Out-

*Continued in post below*

11 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Man those are gorgeous. I kind of have too much yarn at the moment, but man...

3:42 PM  
Blogger lisette said...

hey emily - these look gorgeous!! let me know how much shipping to australia would be :)

7:01 PM  
Blogger ~~ Melissa said...

Wowsers! Your colours are gorgeous. I hope this venture brings you lots of business.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Larjmarj said...

Yummy! Great colors and beautiful yarn...I went on a binge this weekend as far as yarn purchasing but I'm sure you'll be hearing from me.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Laura Wasilowski said...

I've seen this stuff first hand and know it is absolutely gorgeous! I'd like the Handsome Park Ranger if he's not sold already.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

So pretty! My favorite is sold out, but maybe next time.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

The Glade close-up is now my desktop background :)

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am soooooooo glad the colours I love are all SOLD, because I would certainly dive off the deep end. You will hear from me next time around though. They are incredibly beautiful.
NOT that I knit socks, but I could learn or just 'own' the yarns....lol.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Karyn said...

Emily - Your yarn is gorgeous, but it seems that I missed out on most of the colors. When will you have more for sale?

7:32 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Congrats on your new "baby" - the yarn is FAB!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Alissa said...

Purty. Tempting. But, no. My stash is busting out!

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home