Friday, July 28, 2006

Eye Candy Friday

Purly came up with an idea last week that I love:


I don't work in an office anymore, but I do admit to being a little impatient on Friday afternoons, waiting for the weekend to begin. And the internet is SLOOOW readin' on Fridays.

So I thought I'd participate.


Most people who know me through quilting know me for my art quilts. But I have also made many bed quilts over the years. Here are a few. The pink, yellow and green one on the far left is my daughter's. The log cabin is a vintage quilt top that I bought at an antique mall and quilted myself. The multi-colored square one I gave my husband for his birthday about eight years ago--it is a queen, and our bed is now a king, must remedy that situation. The blue and purple checkerboard is the first bed quilt I made, about eleven years ago. The blue and green is one of the curl-up-on-the-sofa quilts.

I'd like to act all casual and say, "oh, just freshening up the quilts and thought I'd snap a quick photo." But of course, it's totally staged.

And now that I've dragged these quilts out through the weeds, I have a lot of work to do to get these washed up and put back on the beds or there will be an uproar tonight! (Yes, even the 41 year old "big kid" here at the house will be unhappy tonight if he doesn't get to sleep with his special quilt.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're playing along with eye candy friday too. Fridays are my quietest days at work and I'm constantly keeping my eye on the bloglines notifier. Those quilts are gorgeous. Staged or not, it's a great way to show them off.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eye candy, indeed!!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

Wow. Just--Wow. ;)

2:36 PM  
Blogger Lanea said...

I just found your blog and I love love love what you're doing. The quilt on the far right in the photo looks like a dream to me.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home