Monday, July 17, 2006

Knitting in Public

Where are we?

Were at the Kane County Cougars game! Thanks to my friend Carla, who gave us her season tickets for the game while her family was out of town.

We have gone to games with the kids, but having good seats this time, we decided to leave the kids at home with grandma and invite our friend Dave, who is just as intense about the game as my Dave. Here are the two Daves:


Lucky for me, our friend Dave has a wife who knits. How convenient! Why, it's our friend Mrs. Mel!


Mel and I don't really care about the game (shhh). But we ARE intense about the eating, drinking, and knitting.


Mel was quite organized and brought along her crafting caddy:


I started out with a new Trekking sock:


And switched halfway through to a hand-dyed royal blue sock:


Really, I don't know why there weren't more knitters there. They really promote knitting at that Kane County Cougars. Look, they even have these convenient yarn-holders attached to the seats in front of you.

My friend Carla, who is usually in these seats with her family, is a crazy knitter and knits at the games too. It made me wonder what the people around us were thinking: “Hmmmm, its not that usual crazy, baseball-game-knitter, but it’s a different crazy, baseball-game-knitter. In fact, this time it’s TWO crazy baseball-game-knitters. They’re multiplying!"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's brilliant! I love the cup holder as yarn holder. Looks like good times.

10:11 AM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

HA! Yarn holder. And yes, we are multiplying.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

Don't we all look so cute. Hard to tell it was ten billion degrees.
I had a fantabulous time!

6:12 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I'd love to be knitting at a Red Sox game today!

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home