Wednesday, July 26, 2006

New Fall Sweater Knitting

I can't believe how many comments the blankie saga generated! You guys really showed your blankie love. I had no idea it would be even remotely blog-worthy and almost didn't even write about it!

So, just at the time I was feeling a little knitting project boredom, I sunk my teeth into that purple Mission Falls cotton. And even though it was faded and a little ratty, it reminded me: man, I love that yarn.


Enter new fall sweater knitting. This is Belle from the Mission Falls book Quinte Scrapbook, in 1824 cotton color Cosmos (from stash!). I have always wanted to make this sweater! I've always been a little intimdated by the Mission Falls patterns, but once I got the hang of the cable pattern, this is pretty straight forward. In fact, I took this picture a couple of days ago, and now I almost have both fronts done.

*NEWSFLASH*

On another note, I told you I would put out an APB when my episode of Uncommon Threads on the DIY channel was going to air. (See my entry from last year for some of the story--it's the June 30th entry and if you scroll down to June 15th you will see the quilt that will be on the show). Here it is! APB! The show will air next Monday, July 31st, at 10:30 eastern time. Here in the Chicago burbs that's channel 121, but check your local listings.

Set those Tivos and VCRs!

I hope I don't look stupid.

(If I do, don't tell me.)

8 Comments:

Blogger Pink said...

I love that color and the pattern...nice work! In case you are wondering, I found your blog by hitting the "next blog" button, it's a great way to find neat blogs.

3:51 PM  
Blogger thinlady said...

I love the cables. I have a sweater I started maybe 20 years ago in alpaca with loads of cables and it sits......

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The good thing about a new show is that they usually try their best to edit out anything goofy that the guests do. At least it sure seems that way. (and that's what I keep telling myself) I'm not sure I'll be as poised as some of them have been. I'm excited to see your episode, I'm sure you'll be great!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Your cables are gorgeous! And that's so exciting about the television show. I'm off to check the DVR right now.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I really like that pattern, but I don't love MF cotton. It's a little too bumpy for me. It's such a nice finished product, but I hate knitting with it.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Diane Doran said...

Congratulations on the show airing! I wish we got DIY so I could see it.

5:40 AM  
Blogger Mary B said...

I don't get DIY. Sorry I'll miss it. The cables look beautiful.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Maryann said...

Okay- I finally got my DVR set! I can't wait to see it.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home