Wednesday, November 29, 2006

You're All My Favorites

If you have been reading for awhile, you have heard me mention my friend Carla. Also know as Blogless Carla, to explain why there is no link.

It regularly astounds me that I have met and made such a friend just because both of us frequent the same LYS. She has been by my side cheerleading me through the past several months of starting this yarn selling business, and I run most of my ideas past her.

We've met at the grocery store for emergency yarn exchanges. Yah, THAT kind of friend.

She makes these:


They are little sweater ornaments. Look closely, see the little hangers! She makes them from left over sock yarn.



She made most of these from leftover Sophie's Toes.



I love them so much I could almost sleep with them on my pillow.



The kids love them so much too. Looking at them. Sorting them. Picking favorites. Petting them. So small, so cute.

I had to hide them.



I am going to put them on my tiny kitchen Christmas tree. So I can wash dishes and look at them. When I get the tree up (after the exploding-volcano-cake-birthday-party this weekend), I will show them again, on the tree.

Here is the pattern.

Thank you Carla! You rock!

6 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Those are adorable and a very clever use of leftover sock yarn.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

So cute! What a good idea for leftover sock yarn.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

Omigod! I am hooked! Just looking at them makes me get all gooey inside. I know this is a great gift too. Yipes, another project!

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogless Carla and I have exchanged excited emails over the availability of Starbucks flavor syrups but I didn't realize you were friends until she *revealed herself* recently.
Great little pattern! Thanks for sharing it in time for us to make some.
(Still smarting from the loss of Christmas Lights. I'd better not see the culprit showcasing it on a blog! lol)

8:27 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Those are totally adorable! I want to make some...just what I need, another cute project for the list.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Jeri said...

Those are too cute to believe! I can see those magically being knit by elves over here...Thanks, Emily and Carla! How cute!

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home