Thursday, May 17, 2007

Random Number NINE

Thank you, thank you, thank you.


Thank you for that really great party you all threw for me in the comments. It was fun in so many ways, especially all the moral support about the great things this decade will bring, and hearing from so many new people!

I have been re-reading everything and visiting all the new-to-me blogs and friends. If I don't get all the comments answered this week, be sure to know that I'll be stopping by.

Big congratulations to commenter number nine: Miss rohanknitter, who wins the prize! (Please e-mail me emily at emilyquilts dot com so I can get your mailing address.) I've enjoyed her blog for some time now--you just can't beat photos of baby lambs in the kitchen for good blog material. Go check out her cute new apron!



I had a wonderful weekend. My mom suprised me and showed up with Birthday Rhubarb Pie. Yum.

My mom is one serious pie-maker. Lard. ('Nuff said. )








My dad showed up with a friend. My dad left, but the little guy didn't. He's still here. Maybe forever.













My sister suprised me by flying here from California. Having her here for the weekend was the best present of all--I miss her so much!!! And look what she gave me--that's a gift certificate for one of her fabulous hats, made just for me. And my brother sent me a frequent flyer award to "anywhere that Southwest flies, but please choose your destination carefully". Looks like there's a trip to L.A. in my future to see my peeps!

I feel very blessed to have a family who I love so much and friends and blog readers who I love and adore.

And, I wake up every day and I am the same Em, no matter what the number.

So, coming down off that Queen-For-A-Weekend high, I've been on a bit of a sewing bender the past few days. Nothing like the last week of school looming next week to put the pressure on. And, as it seems to happen around this time every year, I've caught the Tote Bag Fever. Be careful, it's contagious.






7 Comments:

Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Oh, it's a BOSTON terrier! How exciting? Moooooom, can we keep it????

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or a French Bulldog, hard to see how long those legs are?

12:07 PM  
Blogger FunkyC said...

You look just like the tote bag...young and beautiful, hip and happy!

Glad it was a good week. You give me hope for my dreaded 40 in September.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tote is killer beautiful! Lucky Girrrl who gets that! :-)

3:32 PM  
Blogger rohanknitter said...

Wow!! I can't believe I won!! That is so cool!! : ) It looks like you had a very nice birthday - and rhubarb pie - lucky!! That is one seriously cute tote bag!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oh I love your tote bags! Lyn is right I think ... it's a French Bulldog ... because the ears go straight up and that's how to identify him from an English Bulldog. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend.

7:38 AM  
Blogger kimchi said...

is the cutie pie poochie going to stay with you forever or just for a little while? gotta post more pics of that cutie#!!
and btw, your pops looks like SANTA CLAUSE!!!
seriously.
the glasses, the beard, everything.
the bowl full of jelly and rosey cheeks, omg.
glad your weekend was so fun! you deserve it! :o)

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home