Friday, May 17, 2013

Hello Blog!

Hello Blog! 

I hope you are having a good spring.  Here in my little world, not so great.  I've been in a rut for about six months.  I can go for days without knitting.  I have gone for weeks without sewing.

And, (worst of all, if you're my blog) I go for months without blogging.  I feel like creativity has left the building.

Friends, this is making me a little crazy.  On one hand, I'm don't want to be too hard on myself, because it has been a really rough six months.  My MIL got sick right after Thanksgiving, she died after Christmas.  My husband got depressed, and, he is the executor of her estate, and, wow, that's a lot of work.  Which means that some of that work fell to me.  Which is ok. I'm capable.  It just meant that on top of our already super busy household with the kids, jobs, you-know-the-drill, that creativity fell to a supreme low on the importance scale.

So.  Not being too hard on myself--check. 

On the other hand, (the being-too-hard-on-myself hand) (which is my dominant hand) six months feels like a long time and I'm really needing to use the right side of my brain before it dries up and floats out my ear-holes and is gone forever.

Of course I've still been working on projects, (even completing some of those projects!) although it feels so sluggishly slow.  Nothing has really knocked my socks off, but then again, it's possible that everything I do right now is tainted with the gloom that I've been feeling. 

And, I hate to even write all this because I hate to listen to people whine and I feel like I'm whining and I vowed to never ever whine, or rant, or complain on this blog.  This blog is here to talk about projects and celebrate creativity and watch my kids grow up.

I'm just hopeing to spew it out and then be able to move on.

So how about we look at some progress on the Liberty crosses quilt?

Here's a photo of progress in March:



And progress in April:



And an artistic shot "Still Life of Progress with Accidental Foot":


And a late night progress shot with bad lighting:


Up next:  Sewing lots of little squares together.  Which doesn't take creativity.  It takes determination.  And that, Friends, I got.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

It's going to be pretty! Whether you call it stubbornness or determination, that's what you need sometimes! Hope you're able to carve out time for creative things, whether on the blog or not.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Earl3d said...

Love the quilt!

Also: hang in there!

xoxo

2:13 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Hi Emily. Beautiful quilt. Keep the faith to the best of your ability. I understand all that you wrote...'nuf said!!

Let me say that almost every night I say a little 'thank you' to you, dyer of the beautiful yarn that I used to make my mitered cross blanket. Every time I use it I marvel at the wonder of all the beautiful colors you can make! Here is a loud THANK YOU!!! Could you hear that?? Hugs, Cynthia

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home